Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lazy Days in AZ

I survived the bachlorette week in Picacho last week, Dave was in Oshkosh, Wisconsin conducting training for a company. I felt sorry for him because he was not used to working long hours and the snow and cold really got him. He said he thought he was retired, and now he says - he really is done this time. Enough. When you spend the last 6 months dodging snow and cold and then you spend a rough week in it, you will get your butt kicked big time. He's still recouping today, will take at least a week to get warmed up and caught up with his sleep. While he was gone I made good use of the time to do some quilting, reading, sitting in the sunshine, and visiting with the girls in Chandler. It is fun being this close to the girls. I spent this past weekend living at Jill's house with the oldest, Lia, while the rest were in Tucson for a soccer tournament. Lia and I had fun, even took in a cute movie. Good times.

Last Thursday I wanted to do some grocery shopping and decided to head in the other direction (east on I 10) towards Tucson to find a different store. I got off on the wrong exit and decided to just kept driving, keeping Picacho Peak always in view, knowing I wouldn't get lost as long as I could see it. I found some interesting campgrounds and lots of hiking and biking trails just east of here. And I got closer to Mount Lemon which we can see to the east of us. That day was 69 degrees and there was lots of snow on that mountain. We had rain two days ago and there is even more snow on it. We have been told there are ski lifts/trails on the mountain and also a restaurant there - will have to look into that further. So - yes, we can get to snow if we want - but right now - NO!

We are really enjoying our time here in Picacho, lots of sun, and no given time frame to get going again. Our tentative plans are to leave sometime the beginning of April heading towards Montana for the summer. I don't have the hitch-itch yet even tho we have been here now 6 weeks and in Arizona 9 weeks total. As we looked back at this time last year we were just heading to McAllen Texas from Sinton, near Corpus Christie. Ah, what memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment