Friday, December 24, 2010

Blue Sky Christmas, yes ma'm

No - Elvis isn't here. This is the first time I have been 'gone' from home for Christmas. And never have spent it in warm weather, strange. Blue skies abound and RVs decorated with their Christmas lights. Funny to see. But I like this better than snow any day. Folks here are very friendly, and when you talk with them, they all say, Yes Mam, No Mam, Yes sir, no sir! Very polite. Makes me feel like a grinch - I need to be more polite and friendly to people.

Just had a chat with the owner - she and her husband bought this place 6 months before Katrina hit - and they had plans to renovate this campground and after Katrina - lots more to do. She was begging us to stay on through New Years - they will have a 10 story high bonfire, at least 40 more RV's coming in starting on Monday, DJ and live band, fireworks, restaurant will be open, saltwater pool (I don't get that) open, etc. We will have to think about it - I am really itching to get to Texas. Dave is busy with his to-do list, by the time I came up here to do laundry, he had finished 2 of them. Guess I'll have to think up some more things for him to do.

Tomorrow we plan to go to a wildlife preserve - hike their trails. She said it was lovely but. Supposed to rain tonight, but clearing my mid day. Merry Chrismas everyone! We will talk in a couple of days. Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment