Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quebec, oui, eh?

Monday we spent cleaning, laundry, etc. Very boring day, but still needed to rejuvenate. Broke our spell of traveling - it DID NOT RAIN! Was out by 10:15am and made it to here at Clewiston, FLA campground, about 1 mile from Lake Okeechobee. Was a very pleasant drive down Route 27. Lots of orange groves and many many cows. Got here about 1:45pm. Then I got sick. I didn't realize it when we started to unpack the get the RV settled that it was about 86 out. And very very sunny. Dave and I sat outside for awhile - then I started to crash. Stupid me - I forgot that I can't tolerate heat - being red head/fair skin and low blood pressure. Ended up with heat exhausten. Luckily (or unlucky?) I have had this at least 6 other times and I know what I have to do. Today is a new day - feel great but won't get into trouble like I did yesterday.

Did I say Quebec, oui, eh? 90% of the folks here are from the Province of Quebec. As we were getting the RV backed into the spot (right on a small lake and it's so scenic!) two men came over to help - we were having some trouble. I am talking with them, and they aren't responding, until one said something to the other - in French. Dah. The office told me that last year they marketed this campground in Quebec and got 90% filled in January. And next winter they are already 80% full from Quebec with reservations.

We plan to go to Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museam which is the Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation museum. Then head over to Lake O and walk/bike the levee. They say you can bike/hike/walk around the entire lake - about 136 miles. Don't feel that adventurous.

Thursday and Friday we will go to West Palm Beach to visit with family. Saturday we head in the other direction to Fort Myers and catch up with friends there and go look at a sailboat for sale for friends of ours from Allentown PA. Sunday we will be back in West Palm Beach, and not sure for Monday. We leave Tuesday for ? haven't a clue where to.

No comments:

Post a Comment